Digital Communications & Marketing Intern
- Draft and edit copy for communication materials (press releases, newsletters, website content and features, social media, blogs and more)
- Assist in planning and execution of messaging materials for various UCP marketing, communications and social media campaigns
- Monitor and archive news coverage; and
- Research/ monitor media, influential bloggers, create and maintain lists of contacts and prepare media lists for press distributions.
Skills & Qualifications:
Candidates should have experience in an office setting, be flexible, a team player with willingness to pitch in where help may needed, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, candidates should have:
- Have experience with marketing/ communications, media relations, social media and disability issues;
- Have knowledge of SalesForce, Vocus and a variety of social media platforms and tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and HootSuite);
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital/ social media;
- Be able to work under tight deadlines;
- Have excellent writing and interpersonal skills;
- Be detail-oriented with superior organizational abilities; and
- Be able to work effectively on a team and independently.
- At least 20 hours per week, ideally spread out over three or four days. Please note in your cover letter what your availability would be.
- The internship would start immediately. Ideal candidates can continue the internship through the spring semester.
- Please note that this internship is unpaid.
How to Apply:
To apply send a resume, cover letter, and two short writing samples to email@example.com. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you to schedule an interview. No phone calls or drop-bys.