The World CP Initiative, in which United Cerebral Palsy plays an active role, has just launched a Wiki that is devoted exclusively to cerebral palsy. Throughout June and July, UCP and the other organizations which make up the World CP Initiative, will be promoting a CP Wiki Write-athon to encourage people to post content on the Wiki.
About the Wiki
For those of you who are not familiar, the Wiki is an online knowledge base on cerebral palsy and related topics for everyone: people with disabilities, parents, caretakers and professionals in the medical and disability fields. It’s just getting started, so we your help to create and improve content and to spread the word.
Join the Competition
The CP Wiki Write-athon competition runs throughout June and July. There are 30 x $500 prizes for the best and most content added – including the best organization page and the best country page.
Spread the Word
Anyone can write about CP and take part in the Write-athon. You can write about services, people, sports, technology, travel, health, employment, education, films, books… any CP-related topic.
Please spread the word:
1. Share this blog post with your family and friends
2. Print out and post this write-athon poster at your school, workplace, community center, library or other public places you visit
3. Add this news item to your personal blog or website if you have one
4. Replace your Facebook cover pic with the World CPWikicover for June and July
5. Use the simple template on the wikihome page to create a page about CP in the United States
6. ‘Like’ the World CP Day Facebookpage and share the Wiki updates
Jump In and Add Content!
As you’re browsing the wiki, remember that it’s fine to add or edit wherever you want. Anything you change or do will show up on the wiki for others to pick up and expand on – and as the site grows you’ll see that happening more and more! In the wiki world we say “Be bold!” because anything you do is valuable. Even if you ‘break’ something, a fix is always just a few clicks away – and somebody will come around to fixing it sooner rather than later. So don’t be afraid to give it a try.