Thank you for your interest in UCP national! Please note that the following community guidelines cover product promotion, media promotion, and our guest blog standard for Voices of UCP, The My Life Without Limits blog, and My Child Without Limits.
UCP Community Guidelines:
Thank you for your interest in UCP! While we are happy to consider and accept samples of products for potential review, we ask the following:
- All products for potential review must be related to disability or the disability experience.
- We will consider products that are accessible to our audience – this includes price point, and ease of purchasing.
- UCP will not specifically endorse any product or service, except in rare circumstances and with approval of UCP’s Board of Trustees.
- Depending on the nature of the product, we may ask for assistance with promotion, but this does not guarantee a review or promotion via social media or any other UCP communications.
- If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact UCP’s Marketing Specialist, Kaitlyn Meuser at email@example.com.
We accept media and marketing kits for promotion, particularly in consideration of third-party fundraising. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we cannot guarantee promotion. Authors are also welcome to post about their work or portfolios on the My Life Without Limits forum.
For third-party inquiries, please contact UCP’s Manager of Individual Giving, Michael Ludgardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of request we receive, we are not able to promote or support individual crowdfunding pages.
We welcome submissions for Guest Blogs from all walks of life and a variety of topics related to the disability experience. For posts, we ask that the blogs for submission meet the following guidelines:
- All guest posts MUST be related to the disability experience (living with a disability, parent/siblings/caretakers are all welcomed).
- We will not accept blog posts with promotion of products or blogs, unless previously approved.
- We will not accept blogs with political endorsements; we are a 501c3 nonprofit.
- We ask that you keep submissions between 500 to 1,000 words in length.
- Guest bloggers are asked to submit a photo of themselves, as well as a short bio of no more than 100 words in length. Bios may include links to personal blogs and/or websites owned by the guest blogger.
- UCP’s web properties use WordPress. We ask that you submit blogs in a Word document or Google Doc. This eases placement into our WordPress themes.
- We will let Guest Bloggers know in advance of promotion via social media and/or in our newsletter.
- We reserve the right to refuse content that does not reflect the mission of UCP/My Life Without Limits.
Any questions regarding guest blogs, please contact UCP’s Marketing Specialist, Kaitlyn Meuser at email@example.com.