Join the UCP Network
UCP affiliates are leaders in providing innovative programs and services every day to more than 176,000 children and adults with disabilities. By becoming an affiliate of UCP’s national organization, you join 68 organizations across the country in a network of mutual support and innovation led by UCP’s national office in Washington, D.C.
Organizations in the UCP Affiliate network range from budget sizes of $125,000 to $100 million and provide a wide range of services. We invite you to visit one or more of UCP’s current affiliates to gain an understanding of the work they do, so you can know how your organization could benefit from joining the network. Here’s what UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago has to say:
“UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago, as an affiliate of UCP, benefits from the fact that the UCP national brand is widely recognized. It generates referrals from those needing services and helps foster and expand our philanthropic network.”
-John Voit, CEO of UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago
“Although the UCP affiliate network is as diverse as our communities, we share a sense of single purpose, comradery, and passion. We are stronger together. The voice of advocacy is heard more clearly through a collective effort facilitated by our National leadership team. Unity and strength are necessary to ensure the people we support have a seat at the table.”
-Ann Coffey, of UCP of Oregon and Southwest Washington
UCP national staff is available to provide coaching throughout this process.
Contact the UCP national staff at 800-872-5827 or Anita Porco, firstname.lastname@example.org, to begin a discussion to determine if your organization meets the basic criteria for affiliation. After reviewing the information about affiliation, visiting a UCP affiliate, and deciding to join our network, you should consider some of these basic parameters:
- Establish a board of 10-15 people who can raise the funds necessary to sustain the operations of your organization and have the business expertise to grow the organization.
- Be able to identify any and all appropriate funding streams including fundraising activities
- Be able to raise the necessary start-up funds within a reasonable period of time. It usually takes 18-24 months to raise sufficient funds to open.
- Have the support of the community.
- Be prepared to undertake the ongoing responsibilities of fundraising and fiscal management.
- Be housed in a physical space of at least 1500 to 2000 square feet.
- Ensure that the services you provide are not in competition with other providers but rather enhance the services available for people with disabilities.
If individuals and families in your community would benefit from a UCP affiliation, please contact Anita Porco or call 800-872-5827.